Thursday, June 6, 2013

Progress!

Finally making some progress on my story! I'm writing the second to last chapter today...

So here's a few snippets for all you completely uninterested people:

“Watch the edge!” someone yelled, as our horse then tripped on the slick ground. Gabrielle screamed as I slipped off. I rolled to avoid the stamping feet of the horse, and rolled right of the edge of the path. My feet hung in empty air as I clung to the edge of the cliff. I wanted to scream, but, like a nightmare, my breath was gone and I couldn’t even breathe.


“Quain, Quain,” she murmured. “Don’t worry, I can fix it. Bridget can help you.” She sounded almost like a woman, so calm and comforting was her voice.
One of my favorite scenes. Oh, so romantic and tragic!


“We never thought –” I shook my head, my words gone. “When I was six my mother sold to a different master.” I continued. “I’ve been sold half a dozen times, until my last mistress trained me to be a lady’s maid and I was sold here.” I realized, then, everything I had said. I had half-forgotten that he was there.




And... I finally found a picture for Gabrielle and Maurelle! Once again, y'all probably don't care, but I they're so perfect that I just have to share.

Gabrielle (Frank Dicksee, of course)
And then for Maurelle I'm divided between two. My sister likes the first one:
Edward Burne-Jones


But I like this one:

Also Sir Edward Coley Burne-Jones
What do you think?

Anyway, that's what my week has been. Cool, cloudy/rainy days (can you believe we had the heat on all day yesterday? In June?) – perfect for writing. I like to listen to the Amelie soundtrack, though I've never seen the movie, while I write Maurelle.
Hope you're all having a wonderful week so far. Sorry for blabbering on and on about my story. :)

 photo awdursignature_zps319c67b7.png

3 comments:

  1. I'm dreadfully sorry that I haven't been able to read the chapters you sent me. They are on my computer, however, and I will transfer them to my kindle as soon as I get home. I actually meant to do that before I left so I'd have something sensational to read on the plane, but, as per usual, I forgot my kindle entirely. I'll write a reminder on my hand or something. The snippets are lovely, dahling! Keep up the frabjous (silly auto correct says that's 'drab joys' lol) work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds awesome! I would have to agree with your sister that I like the first picture more :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is pretty cool
    I have tried writing some stories but i can only write kids stories
    as if i try to be to serious i get carried away.

    ReplyDelete

Spill your thoughts. Observe common courtesy. You'll make me happy.