Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Anne-girl things

So, as some of you may know, I am playing Anne in Anne of Green Gables. It's crazy, but true.
My hair is really dark – and so are my eyebrows. We bought a red wig, but with my eyebrows it just looks awful. Awful.
Yesterday these black boots came in the mail. Ohhhhh! They're so gorgeous. They have a 2 ½ inch heel, which is good since I'm right at 5" and there's a line in the second act about how tall and stylish I've grown (FYI, I'm shorter than everyone in the play except one person). They make me so happy about being Anne.
And I'm going to have like 4-5 costumes. I've never had that many. I've never had so many lines either. I have the first line, the last line, and half the lines in between. And the other lines are about Anne. :) I hope this doesn't sound like bragging– it's just so different from any play I've been in before.
Life is hard sometimes, but I'm so blessed. A few days before the cast list came out, I was feeling insecure in Jesus's love. I had just finished Captivating, and I struggling with feeling like I was the Beauty of the story, the herione, you know? I wanted to be Anne of Green Gables, even for a night. To be the one that the Hero loved. I was just telling God how much I wanted him to tell me I was his Lady, that I didn't mind if I wasn't Anne as long as I was his Anne. As long as he loved me. Friends, God is so faithful. It was the very next day that I found out that I was Anne. I couldn't believe that I was lucky enough to be Anne. The biggest part I had was Mr. Beaver in The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe (due to a shortage of boys!). And since I was a boy, that I didn't feel as special.
Anyways, I hope his faithfulness is shown to you this week.
Love through him,
 photo awdursignature_zps319c67b7.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spill your thoughts. Observe common courtesy. You'll make me happy.