Monday, September 23, 2013

Celebrate Musicals Week Tag

Celebrate Musicals Week from Miss Dashwood at Yet Another Period Drama Blog. A tag from the said Miss Dashwood!

1.  What musical did you pick to "spotlight" this week and why?

My Fair Lady. For multiple reasons; it's one of my top three favorite musicals, and I looove Audrey Hepburn. I was going to go with Cinderella, but I saw someone else did that one, soooo….

2.  How did you discover the musical you picked (hereinafter referred to as "your musical")?
My mother being also a musical lover, she introduced us to it when I was roughly ten or so.

3.  If you had to pick three favorite songs from your musical, which ones would they be?
Wouldn't it be Loverly, the Rain in Spain, and I Could Have Danced All Night.

4.  What's your least favorite song from your musical?
I've Grown Accustomed to Her Face. Sorry – It's very sweet and all, but I just can't get attached to the tune.

5.  Who are your favorite characters (choose up to three)?
Eliza and Colonel Pickering.

6.  Which versions of your musical have you seen/listened to, and which is your favorite?
I've only seen the movie (1964), but the CD we have is the Julie Andrews Broadway version.

7.   Is this your favorite musical of all time?  If not, what is?
Yes, possibly. I also really like Cinderella (for sentimental reasons), West Side Story (but it's maybe a little too serious), and The Pajama Game (but it lacks the plot that the others have). And, of course, The Sound of Music and Fiddler on the Roof. But I think MFL wins out over the rest.

8.   Which cast album/musical soundtrack in your collection do you listen to the most?
It depends on which musical I've seen most recently. :) Right now, it's probably Pajama Game.

9.   What is your favorite costume from your musical?
The Rain in Spain dress (below) and the pink dress at the end (find a few shots of it here)
I love this one best. :)

10.  If you could change anything about your musical, what would you change?
Higgins's last line would be humbler. And I would have Audrey sing for herself. Don't get me wrong – Marni Nixon does a beautiful job. But I just love Audrey's voice...

11.  Which role(s) would you most like to play in any musical, if you had the opportunity to do so on stage?
Eliza, with an edited script, would be my top choice most likely.
Or Maria from West Side Story, or Maria from Sound of Music.

12.  If you could choose one performer to play any part in your musical, who would you choose and which part would you have them play?
Sorry to be boring…. but I must say I find the cast to be to perfect to be improved.

13.  Do you consider yourself a musical theatre fan in general or do you just like a few musicals?
Yes. Definitely a musical fan.

14.  Are you tired of the word "musical" yet?
NO!
15.  Turn your music playing device on shuffle (or utilize Pandora if you don't have one) and tell us the names of the first three show tunes that come up-- no cheating!  How do these rank on your favorites/most-listened-to list?
Using Pandora since there is nothing on my iPod right now...
1. Friend Like Me from Aladdin. Ummm… I like it, I guess. But I don't just go and listen to it on purpose.
2. You're the One that I want, from Grease. I hate Grease. That's all there is to say.
3. Honor to Us All, from Mulan. A long time ago, I started watching this movie. We had to stop it, and we never finished. I've never even heard of this song.
 photo awdursignature_zps319c67b7.png

1 comment:

Spill your thoughts. Observe common courtesy. You'll make me happy.