Saturday, September 7, 2013

Winnifred, Anne, etc.



I know, I know, it's been a while since I've posted. We started school Tuesday, though, and anyone who's ever been in school knows the first week of school hits you like a wave that you weren't expecting. I have Biology every Tuesday (plus homework on the other days), Algebra every day, history, literature, and random miscellaneous thingers. Also, as mentioned in the last post, I'm in drama.
The play is Anne of Green Gables! My sister and I are so excited. One of my best friends got Rachel Lynde! Nan got Marilla! And I... got Anne! It's so unbelievable! I've never had half the lines I had (which is cool, but I'm not sure how I'll memorize them all!). It's so weird to have so much attention when I've always had small parts (except Mr. Beaver - that was a biggish part, but it wasn't as fun because I was playing a boy).
So that's been really exciting. Our first read-through was Wednesday. The script isn't as good as we could wish, but it's not as bad as some. To quote a wise old man, "It's not as good as it should be, but it's not as bad as it could be!"
But also, I'm going to have to either dye my hair (my mother would correct me "color, not die!) or get a wig. I'd rather die my hair, but, although the picture of the girl with the lamb isn't me (obviously), my hair is the same dark black. I just don't know if my hair would go all the way red, without bleaching it (*shudder*). So I don't know.
Yes. The picture. This is Winnifred, from my laundress story. It's the perfect picture. She looks sort of sad, curious, suspicious, and mysterious. I didn't think Winnifred had bangs, but you can't quite tell from the picture whether the girl actually does have bangs or whether it's just the way her hair is parted.
Last weekend we went to my grandma's cabin by the lake, so I'm kind of sunburnt. But it's freckling out. :)

 photo awdursignature_zps319c67b7.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spill your thoughts. Observe common courtesy. You'll make me happy.