Tuesday, December 29, 2015

How To Write Good



This is, after all the Pen of Awdur. So I must blog about writing. That is why I am copying down a few tips that I found very helpful in my writing. Especially as I'll soon be in the editing stage of the Arthurian Chronicles and I need all the serious writing style tips I can get. I hope these are helpful for you too!


1. Avoid alliteration always.
2. Prepositions are not words to end sentences with.
3. Avoid cliches like the plague. They're old hat.
4. Comparisons are as bad as cliches.
5. Be more or less specific.
6. Writers should never generalize.
Seven: Be consistent!
8. Don't be redundant; don't use more words than necessary; it's highly superfluous.
9. Who needs rhetorical questions?
10. Exaggeration is a billion times worse than understatement.


Cheers,

 photo awdursignature_zps319c67b7.png

1 comment:

Spill your thoughts. Observe common courtesy. You'll make me happy.