Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Recipe: Sautéed Spinach

Yes, yes, I know, I'm a lax blog author, but I really don't want to begin 30% of my posts with an apology, so I'm not going to. So there.

No, indeed, I have not the time for an apology, because I'm here to post a recipe which I hath invented this very eve!


Wild garlic in some nice part of the world. Be quiet, it's not random, it's pretty.

Braised Spinach*

Cook Time: 5-10 minutes
Serves Two

Ingredients
1 clove of garlic, minced
1/2 an onion, chopped
Olive Oil
About 1 1/2 cups chopped spinach, fresh or frozen
1 tsp lemon juice
Salt and pepper
Optional: Red pepper flakes or cooked corn

Directions
Heat a little oil (about a teaspoon or two) in a pot. Sauté onions and garlic until soft and golden. Add spinach and lemon juice, and cook until spinach is wilted. Salt and pepper generously. Garnish with red pepper flakes if desired. This is also nice with corn mixed in.

*No, this is not technically braised, but doesn't braised sound better than plain old "sautéed spinach"?

Au revoir, my readers.
 photo awdursignature_zps319c67b7.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spill your thoughts. Observe common courtesy. You'll make me happy.