Friday, October 14, 2016

A Graduation Party

As you may or may not know, I am graduating high school this year. As you also may or may not know, I have a cynical streak. When I start looking at senior picture ideas or thinking about graduation videos, that streak comes out very strongly. (Everything looks and sounds sappy and cheesy.) (I intend to have a very short graduation video and play "In the Mood" rather than a song with words. I'm not unsentimental, but I dislike music that tries to get me to be sentimental. I will feel it or I will not. Don't try to mess with my emotions, you sad songs. That's rude.)

Now, I don't believe in "introverts" and "extroverts". I don't think that when God made people he said "I'm going to make 10 introverts now, and then 10 extroverts tomorrow". I think every person needs both alone time and socialization. If the whole MBTI thing helps you, great. It is an interesting perspective, but not accurate in my humble opinion.
However, I tend toward needing more alone time. Or, at least "just family" (which includes certain friends) time. I never like crowds. Even youth group is a little much for me some time. So the idea of a graduation party where more than 15 people (probably five times that much, at least — gasp) are invited is a little frightening, to say the least.
So, in order to be prepared for this ahead of time and be able to get used to the idea, I wrote out my invitations. What do you think? Does it look good?


Join us for a party from 5:00-8:00 (doors close at 5:15), May 20th. Phones will be checked at the door. Water will be served on the front lawn. 
To help the graduate prepare for being a poor college student, we will spend the time discussing economics and the principles of being frugal. If you are handed a different topic card, please stick to it. No frivolous chitchat will be tolerated.
Please bring $10 to cover the costs of paper and cups. Don't forget to dress up: women in below-the-knee dresses (no bare shoulders), men in suits.

*Invitation only. No "plus-ones". RSVP by May 1st.


 photo awdursignature_zps319c67b7.png


4 comments:

Spill your thoughts. Observe common courtesy. You'll make me happy.