Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Life

Life is hard. And good. I'm frustrated and joyful. This day has been so mixed. Chiaroscuro, you know? Light and dark. The morning was good, at first. After breakfast wasn't as good. I was trying to find a skirt pattern which I just couldn't find, and then I wanted to work on the letter with my sister that we're writing to a friend, but didn't have time because I had to go to Biology. But Biology was good – it was cool to look at the amoeba and the spirogyra and the diatoms. That was fun, and when I came home the weather was just perfect. And we worked on our letter and started making oatmeal butterscotch cookies. And then – the cookies weirdly flattened and burned, at the same time as which our dog peed all over the tile in our basement. And his toy basket. And the door. ACH. I wanted to scream, "Why can't things just work out!?!??!" Yet minutes ago I was praising God because I felt like a princess in a swishy skirt even though I'm wearing a t-shirt, jeans that are slightly too big for me, and my hair is kind of a mess.
Life is complex.
We cleaned up the mess. I added some wheat flour to the cookies and reduced the cooking time and they came out perfect. Perfection amid chaos.
I just took some blueberry cornbread muffins (to go with our leftover soup from last night) from the oven. They're perfectly fluffed. It's so easy to forget all the things that go right amidst the things going wrong.
We are hard pressed, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down but not destroyed. (2 Cor. 4:8-9)
I love love songs because when you're unmarried like me, you can sing it like a worship song.

This will be an everlasting love
This will be the one I've waited for
This will be the first time anyone has loved me.

I'm so glad you found me in time
And I'm so glad that you recrefied my mind
This will be an everlasting love for me

Loving you is some kind of wonderful
Because you showed me just how much you care
You've given me the thrill of a lifetime
And made me believe you've got more thrills to spare, oh!

This will be an everlasting love
Oh, yes it will now!

You brought a lot of a sunshine in to my life
You filled me with happiness I never knew
You gave me more joy then I ever dreamed of
And no one, no one can take the place of you

This will be, you and me, yes sir-ee, eternally (literally!)
Hugging and squeezing, and kissing and pleasing,
Together forever throughever whatever.
Yeah yeah yeah you and me

So long as I'm living true love I'll be giving
To you I'll be serving cause you're so deserving
Hey, you're so deserving, you're so deserving
yeah yeah yeah Whoooaaah
Love, love, love, love, love, love

love, love, love, love
love, love, love, love, love love,
love, love, love, love

From now on,

From now on,
From now on....
 photo awdursignature_zps319c67b7.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spill your thoughts. Observe common courtesy. You'll make me happy.