Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Daily Quote Challenge, Day Two

Today's daily quote is really rather a random one. In studying the various states a year or so ago, I learned the state mottoes of South Carolina and North Carolina and liked them both. So today you get two quotes for the price of one!

North Carolina:
Esse Quam Videri

South Carolina:
Dum Spiro Spero

(I could just quit there and either a) pretend I knew Latin and force you to look that up, or b) make you assume that there is something in the sounds that is inherently eloquent. But I won't.)

Esse Quam Videri means, "To be rather than to seem."

Dum Spiro Spero means, "While I breathe, I hope."

Both very simple, but I like them.

Okay, I'm going to take a beef with the next part of the challenge. Nominate three people every day? I don't know "people". So with my humblest apologies and sincere regrets, I shall break the second rule of the challenge.
 photo awdursignature_zps319c67b7.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spill your thoughts. Observe common courtesy. You'll make me happy.