Monday, May 27, 2013

Maurelle snippets

I finally finished my first chapter – hurrah hurray hurrah!
Here's a few of my favorite snippets:


I stood awkwardly in the hallway as the men talked. It was the finest hallway I had ever seen. The very walls seemed to hold themselves up straight, and the carved figures in the molding seemed to sniff haughtily at me.
My first paragraph!

§

We stepped into a large, dim building. I could hear horses stamping and whinnying to each other like gossipy old women. I glanced away from the horses and back to the steward.

§


I couldn’t talk. My throat seemed to have closed. I nodded, mutely, and left the decrepit shack without another word. I ran almost the whole way, then collapsed beneath a tree before I reached the house. The sky had clouded over, and there was a wintery chill in the air. My sobs were lost in the wind, and I was glad of it. I didn’t want to see anyone or speak to anyone. I didn’t want to be alive.

1 comment:

Spill your thoughts. Observe common courtesy. You'll make me happy.