Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Finishings

I like to finish things. It just feels so nice. I've recently been finishing books. For one, my mom just finished reading The Eagle of the Ninth to my sister and I. That is really good book. Well written. Rosemary Suttcliff is an amazing author. It builds, growing tenser and tenser, more horrible, until the climax, where, up until the second to last chapter, you don't even know if they're going to live. And then the tension slowly slacks off to the best ending it could have had.
And then I finished Mansfield Park today. Again, up until the last moment (the last few pages) I didn't think it could have a good ending. I would pour out my heart and spoil the ending for you all except my sister reads this blog and I'm going to have to make her read it. But OH! Jane Austen did it again.
A week ago, I finished Beautiful Outlaw. Seriously, that was the best Christian nonfiction book I've ever read. Every chapter, I could feel Jesus's presence. I loved renewing my relationship with him, getting to know him and understand him in ways I never knew I could. It was convicting to realize how the religious "fog" (to quote the book) has crept into my life and my worship, pretending to be piety or fear or something else entirely. John Eldridge wrote about Jesus and intimacy with Jesus in a way that I love. I love being able to share my life entirely with Jesus – every moment. Oh, Jesus, how I felt to really see you for who you are. I can't explain it. I can only urge you to read this book. It is not just another devotional.
And then, I just minutes ago finished True Freedom. Oh – you don't know that one. Because I just finished writing it.
Yes, my dear little Maurelle story. Finally finished, finally named. Not edited, of course. As a proud Mama, I can't just go edit it after I finish it (I'll have to wait a few years for that), so I am now putting it down happily, if a bit sadly.
This proud Mama would also like to inform her readers that her book is a walloping 21, 961 words long- 1, 961 words longer than my goal. That's 87.844 pages, peoples.
I really can't add any more to that. :)
So wiithout further ado, I bid you adieu. Until my next post,
 photo awdursignature_zps319c67b7.png

2 comments:

Spill your thoughts. Observe common courtesy. You'll make me happy.